Hauppauge WinTV HVR-900H

Hello linux-media,

I've recently bought an HVR-900H usb hybrid tuner (marketed as 900-without-h)
and discovered that it's been unsupported for a while now. Nevertheless
some work is being done there:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg16498.html
I've tried the patch (with linux 2.6.32) and I got as far as the firmware
being uploaded, but when I tried playing some TV it crashed the kernel.
I'm willing to help speeding up the driver development, so I was wondering if
there's anything I can start with (like testing). Hopefully I'll be able to do
some development later on, but I've got a lot of reading ahead before this could
happen.

Oh, yes - the device id is 2040:6600.

Regards
George