Re: Andy Walls' change of email address

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 15:41 +0100, HoP wrote:

> >> of course it is not my job, but I wonder why you not
> >> stay on old email. In 21 century there is no problem
> >> to move domain to other place or, at least, do
> >> some type of forwarding :)

Radix.net by default does forwarding for 30 days.

> >> My 2 cents
> >>
> >> /Honza
> >>
> >> PS: The only real reason I can imagine is that radix.com
> >> is not your own domain and owner of it doesn't allow
> >> mail forwarding.
> >
> > Which is, indeed, what one finds by pointing a browser at www.radix.net;
> > that mailbox belongs to his old ISP, and presumably he doesn't want to keep
> > paying them for it.

Yes.  The value of keeping my old address, to me, is not worth the
periodic charge to keep it active.  A simple case of cost vs. benefit
not meeting my threshold.

> TBH I would imagine radix.net can be proud if so well-know developer
> is using theirs domain. May be they would pay for his advertising :)

Thank you. :)  I never asked them.

Quite honestly I think Radix is a great local ISP.  One of the first to
provide real coverage to Southern Maryland, IIRC.  I think local ISPs
provide the better customer service, and Radix.net was no exception.

Regards,
Andy