Re: RFC: Phase 2/3: Move the compat code into v4l1-compat. Convert apps.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course, the best solution is to convert the V4L1 apps to using V4L2.

On that topic, if I wanted to ensure that an application was not using
any V4L1 functionality, is there any easy way to do that?  For
example, can I just remove the #include "videodev.h" and fix whatever
breaks?

Right now a problem is that there could easily be situations where an
app uses V4L1 functionality without my knowledge, and it would be good
if there were an easy way to audit the app and make sure it is doing
V4L2 entirely (in fact, I had this issue in a few places with tvtime).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com