TBS 6902 Fedora 32

Hi All,

I've been trying to get the driver to compile for a TBS 6902. I'm using Fedora 32 with a 5.7.2 kernel. I've tried TBS's own driver, and two varieties of open source drivers ( Luis Alves and a forked one) and get various compile failures. Would anyone care to share if they have a working configuration that is on a similar configuration. That would save my re-inventing the wheel tracing the problem.

I've downloaded the kernel-header package, some of the errors suggest I need the kernel source. I'm not a developer, but I'm a reasonably tenacious fault tracer. If there is a particular driver package that is preferred for some reason then I'd be grateful for any pointers.

I have a few questions.

How come this driver is not part of the DVB package?

Why do the available packages for this also compile/replace the whole of the DVB module tree? Wouldn't it be better to be able to just compile this module alone and add the module to the remainder? Perhaps there is some subtlety in here that I'm missing.

Grateful for any pointers...

Many thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.