Re: Remaining drivers that aren't V4L2?

Hi,

On 03/13/2010 03:23 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Hans de Goede<hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
usbvideo

This actually is a framework for usb video devices a bit like
gspca one could say. It supports the following devices:

"USB 3com HomeConnect (aka vicam)"
"USB IBM (Xirlink) C-it Camera"
"USB Konica Webcam support"
"USB Logitech Quickcam Messenger"

Of which the Logitech Quickcam Messenger has a gspca subdriver
now, and is scheduled for removal.

Now that I see the product list, I realize that I actually have a 3com
HomeConnect kicking around in a box.  So if nobody gets around to it,
I could probably kill a few hours and do the conversion (given that
was a fairly popular product at the time).

Or would it be better to convert the products to gpsca (I don't
actually know/understand if that's possible at this point)?

It would be much better to change it into a gspca subdriver, gspca is
a generic framework for usb webcams, and as such has a lot of code
which all these devices need shared in place, making the subdrivers
quite small, and nice to write as you can focus on the actual
camera specifics instead of on things like getting locking in case of
hot unplug while an app is streaming right.

Regards,

Hans