Scanning for TV channels over DVB-T and DVB-T2

Hello,

Suppose we know that several channels are transmitted on a given frequency
by terrestrial antenna. However, we don't know if the signal is "encoded"
(not sure this is the right term) in DVB-T or DVB-T2 modulation.

Do we have to scan the frequency /twice/
first with DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM = SYS_DVBT
 then with DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM = SYS_DVBT2 ?

Or is there some optimization where both modulations are handled
in a single step?

Or maybe it depends on the tuner driver?

Regards.