COME ON! [Was: [PULL] http://endriss@xxxxxxxxxxx/hg/~endriss/ngene]

On 03/10/2010 05:05 PM, Oliver Endriss wrote:
Mauro,

Please pull from http://endriss@xxxxxxxxxxx/hg/~endriss/ngene

for the following changeset:

01/01: ngene: Add support for cineS2 v5 and SaTiX-S2 Dual v2
http://endriss@xxxxxxxxxxx/hg/~endriss/ngene?cmd=changeset;node=510e37da759e

Can you tell us about changes in the V2 of the Mystique dual card? I've heard it should have a CI extension. Is it available already? I couldn't find it anywhere, not even photos.

People rather buy very old HW than to test newly supported cards. I think it's a shame, because you'd have many more testers and Linux TV support would move much faster. The problem is that nobody reports back, devs don't provide any information and despite there being many mailing lists, people don't communicate enough.

I can see several new cards have new drivers, but regular people just don't know about it. HW support questions are being ignored, wiki is old and useless, nobody will properly test those drivers - well, except for idiots and BFU's buying HW without research and then whining here and not being much use to anyone.

--
David Kubicek