Re: atomisp kernel driver(s)

Em Sat, 2 May 2020 20:33:14 +0300
Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 8:04 PM Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Em Sat, 2 May 2020 19:08:36 +0300
> > Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> > Yeah, the current issue sounds simple to solve, but I need to understand
> > how an ACPI-based device would be calling regulator_register(). Using
> > regulators with ACPI is new to me. I suspect that this should be done
> > by ./arch/x86/platform/intel-mid, with of course doesn't have the needed
> > bits for this board. Also, there is a dummy regulator driver for atomisp
> > based boards (drivers/platform/x86/intel_atomisp2_pm.c). This one could
> > be causing some issues too.
> >
> > The atomisp driver uses regulator_get() to turn on the sensors.
>
> It should use PMIC to get them.

It took a while to make it right, but at least for PMIC TI, this is now
working with this patch:

	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/?h=atomisp_v2.1&id=6c026db444d097d6df99597e07eb3575242e680e

It turns that I needed to pick some missing bits from Yocto's tree,
as the driver at staging was missing the parts for non-regulator PMICs.

I suspect that the original idea there were to use the regulator
framework for all power management (with IMHO, makes a lot of sense).

I also had to enable the PMIC ACPI OpRegion with:

	CONFIG_CHT_DC_TI_PMIC_OPREGION=y

And fix the PMIC region for PMIC TI.

I didn't test the other types of PMIC supported by the driver.
So, maybe some additional adjustments might be needed for
other types.

Thanks,
Mauro