Re: Missing Protocols ir-keytable Ubuntu 20.04

Hi Ralf,

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 02:35:32PM +0200, Ralf Schmidt wrote:
> Only working Receiver: all RF X10 Wireless Receiver
> All Outputs with just upgraded 5.4.0-29-generic Kernel (Ubuntu 20.04LTS)
> and newly installed ir-keytable
>
> ralf@nexus:~$ ir-keytable --version
> IR keytable control version 1.18.0
>
> ralf@nexus:~$ sudo ir-keytable -p all
> [sudo] Passwort für ralf:
> Die Protokolle für das Gerät können nicht geändert werden
> Protokolle geändert in other

Well those messages can't both be true.

> /dev/lirc0: kein Empfangsgerät für unverarbeitetes Infrarot
> BPF-Protokoll rc-mm konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll imon konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll cec konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll xmp konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll sharp konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll rc-6 konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll mce_kbd konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll sanyo konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll nec konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll sony konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll jvc konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll rc-5-sz konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll rc-5 konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll lirc konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden
> BPF-Protokoll unknown konnte weder in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols noch in
> /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols gefunden werden

Oops. Yes, I broke this. ir-keytable should not be doing this. I'll fix
this; in the mean time those messages can be ignored.

-snip-

> But all the protocols are available

Yes, you are right.

> On more thing: because off the removed -d parameter, Remotes like the
> Technisat TTS35AI are no longer supported, such Type of Remotes are not
> recognized in /sys/class/rc/.

Hmm it would be good to know more about this. What device is this exactly?
It would be good to have lsusb output.

> Sorry for my bad English

You are very clear and thank you for your bug report.

Thanks,

Sean