Re: [git:v4l-dvb/master] sysfs: sysfs_sd_setattr set iattrs unconditionally

Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 05:06:55PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
>> Err, what's happening here? I can't see any chmod call in any V4L or DVB
>> driver, so why would this patch matter there? And we will get this fix
>> through Linus' tree anyway, so why bother at all? I'm puzzled.
>
> I'm confused too, I got a bunch of these, for patches that seem to be in
> Linus's tree already.  Did a script go haywire?

Sorry!

There's an post receive hook script that sends an email to the patch author/SOB's
for the new patches added at v4l-dvb git tree. Unfortunately, the git mailbomb
script did something wrong: it handled badly all the upstream patches
that  were merged back on git. I'll need to figure out a way for it to exclude
patches that got merged from the normal posts.

For now, I've disabled it and removed the patches that were on the queue.

--

Cheers,
Mauro