Re: atomisp kernel driver(s)

On Sun, 3 May 2020 12:23:50 +0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Em Sun, 3 May 2020 10:46:12 +0200
> Patrik Gfeller <patrik.gfeller@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > On Sat, 2 May 2020 19:08:36 +0300
> > Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andy,
> >
>  [...]
> >
> > Thank you for your advice, I've tried various Android distros for x86 on
> > my device. Unfortunately none of the boots. I'll investigate if I can
> > make one of them to work. I also found that a predecessor of the driver
> > seemed to have worked for E3800. At lease there is a users guide from intel
> > (for Fedora 18):
> >
> > https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getcontent/331329
> >
> > Unfortunately this targets the 2400, and I have 2401 rev B chip. However -
> > I'll give Fedora 18 a try, but if the HW detection works as in the
> > current driver it will not accept my device.
>
> Wow, that sounds promising! Did you find where the Kernel patches
> and userspace applications are stored?

I've downloaded the Fedora 18 .iso file, unfortunately the USB stick
created is not able to boot. According to wikipedia the kernel used in
Fedora 18 is 3.6.10. I've downloaded the source an scanned it for
"atomisp" and "ov2680" - but did not find anything. After some more
research I've found a forum post about a patched kernel from timesys:

  "... I have got a copy of atomisp driver from Timesys, which named
  kernel-3.8.0-1.src.rpm. The driver be written by intel. But the
  driver can not be correctly work on my platfrom(E3827). So i come to
  be suspicious of the compatibility. And i want to know whether the
  driver can be suitable for my platfrom?

  Drivers infomation as blow:
  - The version of atomisp driver: BYT_LSP_3.8_ISP_2013-12-06.patch
  - The version of atomisp firmware: iaisp_2400_css.bin ..."

It looks as if this src.rpm is available here:
http://repository.timesys.com/buildsources/fedora/18/x86_64/source/

I'll now figure out how to open the .rpm package to have a look if
there is something about atomisp.