Re: HauppaugeTV-quadHD DVB-T mpeg risc op code error

Hi,

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Sean Young wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 07:46:26PM +0200, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>>> I came across this thread and want to let you know that I also have
>>> problems with the cx23885 driver on a Ryzen system.
>>>
>>> The only solution I found on the 'net that could make it work was to add
>>> a line
>>>
>>> options cx23885 debug=7
>>>
>>> to the file /etc/modprobe.d/cx23885.conf
>>
>> Have you tried:
>>
>> options cx23885 dma_reset_workaround=2
>
> I think I remember I originally tried this when I set up this system,
> and it didn't work, but that may not have been with a value of 2.

I've tried this now once more on my Ubuntu system with 5.3.0-46-generic,
and indeed the workaround fixes the problem.

In case you are interested, here is the full dmesg output of the system
when the error occurs if *no* workaround is enabled:

https://burnicki.net/martin/tmp/dmesg-with-error.txt

See the "mpeg risc op code error" message close to the bottom of the file.

Thanks,

Martin