TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 PCIe card

Hi!

I read the old thread about this card, at
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg12753.html. I've also
tried downloading the vendor-provided drivers from
http://www.buydvb.net/download2/TBS6980/tbs6980linuxdriver2.6.32.rar

As someone has already indicated, it seems like TBS (TurboSight) have made their
own fork of v4l where the drivers for this card is included. I've also
understood that the card works fine, which is nice (I down own it yet but am
considering getting one).

Has anyone done any attempt at contacting TBS to see if they can release their
changes under the GPLv2? Ideally, they would provide a patch themselves, but it
should be fairly simple to diff the linux/ trees from their provided
linux-s2api-tbs6980.tar.bz2 file with the stock Linux 2.6.32 code... in fact, it
could be that their patch is so trivial that we could just include it in the
stock Linux kernel without asking them for license clarifications... but
obviously, if we can get a green sign from them, it would be even better.
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg