Re: Script to build the media documentation as if it were a single book

Em Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:01:55 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On 14/04/2020 15:37, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> > ================================
> > Linux Kernel Media Documentation
> > ================================
> >
> > .. toctree::
> > 	:maxdepth: 4
> >
> >         admin-guide/index
> >         driver-api/index
> >         userspace-api/index
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to have the userspace-api before the admin-guide?

There, I just placed them on alphabetic order.

But answering your question, that depends on the audience ;-)

-

Yet, assuming that we are doing a good job, I would expect a lot more
users than developers[1].

[1] Granted, there are lots of gaps there for it to be a generic guide
    to media subsystem. I'm planning to improve the admin-guide in order
    to make it more consistent and useful for media users.

The order there, IMHO, doesn't matter much, as someone accessing it from
LinuxTV.org would likely use this URL:

	https://linuxtv.org/docs.php

Side note: I need to add a pointer to the admin guide there - and at the
wiki pages.

Thanks,
Mauro