Re: We should settle on a name for the new DVB virtual driver.

Em Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:00:30 -0300
"Daniel W. S. Almeida" <dwlsalmeida@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> It has come to my attention that this patch  -
> https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/62494/ ; - has reorganized a few
> directories in the media tree, pushing test drivers into their own
> directory.

True. Please notice that this was not applied yet. It may suffer some
changes, but yeah, it makes sense to have a separate directory for
test drivers.

> In an effort to reduce the amount of renaming down the line, and also to
> adapt to the new structure presented above I think it is a good time to
> come up with a name for the DVB virtual driver. It might also be a good
> idea to move it to its own directory as well while we're at it.

Yes, agreed.

> My personal preference is vidvb, which is somewhat in line with the
> naming scheme used by other virtual drivers for the media subsystem.

"vidvb" works for me, but maybe "vidtv" would even be better.

Regards,
Mauro

Thanks,
Mauro