Re: [linux-dvb] scan-s2 and dvb-apps

Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> Le mardi 23 février 2010 12:36:13, Manu Abraham a écrit :
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Recently, quite some people have been requesting for scan-s2 a simple
>> scan application which has been hacked on top of the scan application
>> as available in the dvb-apps tree, to be integrated/pulled in to the
>> dvb-apps tree, after it's author moved on to other arenas.
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg11125.html
>>
>> The idea initially was to have a cloned copy of scan as scan-s2.
>> Now, on the other hand scan-s2 is much more like scan and similar
>> functionality wise too.
>>
>> Considering the aspects, do you think, that it is worthwhile to have
>>
>> a) the scan-s2 application and the scan application as well integrated
>> into the repository, such that they both live together
>>
>> or
>>
>> b) scan-s2 does things almost the same as scan2. scan can be replaced
>> by scan-s2.
>>

>> What are your ideas/thoughts on this ?
>
> I think S2 scanning should simply be added to scan.

See http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/dvb-apps-isdbt2/

It adds support to DVB API v5 to the dvb-apps library. Originally, this were
done to add ISDB-T support, but the next patches added also DVB-T, DVB-C and
DVB-S support via APIv5. It also adds some DVB-S2 bits there. There are very
few things lacking there to fully implement DVB-S2. It shouldn't be hard to
add there also other standards like DVB-T2, ISDB-S, etc.

--

Cheers,
Mauro