Re: ir-keytable segfault when writing keymap from file

Hi Camden,

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 02:48:45PM -0800, camden lindsay wrote:
> Will do.
>
> To do a quick test, i copied the sample config file out of the man
> page and tried loading it:
> [kodiuser@kodiarch ir-keytable]$ sudo ir-keytable -w /etc/ir-keytable/test.toml
> Read iMON Station RSC table
> /etc/ir-keytable/test.toml: keycode `KEY_MAX' not recognised, no

The KEY_MAX problem is fixed in master.

> mapping for scancode 8392834
> Wrote 42 keycode(s) to driver
> Protocols changed to nec
> Can't find imon_rsc bpf protocol in /etc/rc_keymaps/protocols or
> /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols
> [kodiuser@kodiarch ir-keytable]$
>

> Looks like perhaps i should file a bug against arch for the missing
> protocol file?

That would be great, however I don't think it affects the problem you are
having.

> I have no idea what IR BPF decoding does.. but the pages i have
> skimmed about it (including running across your ramblings and  bpf man
> page description) seem to indicate it is more complex that what i'll
> need, given i'll be using the kernel IR decoders.  I think? heh.

For the most common IR protocols, the kernel includes a set of hand-written
decoders. There are many more protocols, or slight variants. So rather
than having a decoder for each, we use BPF for those. BPF decoders are
stored in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/protocols

Having said all of that, it's likely that you can make do with the kernel
decoders (non-BPF).

I would suggest you try the "ir-keytable -p all -t" and see if you can
identify all the protocols and scancodes of your remote.

Sean