Documentation questions

   Hi,

(Please cc: me, I'm not subscribed yet)

   After struggling to work out how stuff worked from the existing DVB
API docs(+), I'm currently attempting to improve the API
documentation, to cover the v5 API, and I've got a few questions:

 * Is anyone else working on docs right now? (i.e. am I wasting my time?)

 * Looking at the current kernel sources, the properties
DTV_DISEQC_MASTER, DTV_DISEQC_SLAVE_REPLY, DTV_FE_CAPABILITY and
DTV_FE_CAPABILITY_COUNT don't seem to be implemented. Is this actually
the case, or have I missed something?

 * Most of the information in struct dvb_frontend_info doesn't seem to
exist in the v5 API. Is there an expected way of getting this info (or
isn't it considered useful any more?) Is FE_GET_INFO still recommended
for that purpose in the v5 API?

 * DTV_DELIVERY_SYSTEM is writable. What does this do? I would have
thought it's a read-only property.

 * Is there any way of telling which properties are useful for which
delivery system types, or should I be going back to the relevant
specifications for each type to get that information?

 * Is the "v5 API" for frontends only, or is there a similar key/value
system in place/planned for the other DVB components such as demuxers?

   Thanks,
   Hugo.

(+) Actually, the docs were pretty helpful, up to a point. Certainly
better than some I've tried to read in the past. The biggest problem
is the lack of coverage of the v5 API.

   --- "How deep will this sub go?" "Oh,  she'll go all the way to ---
                    the bottom if we don't stop her."