Re: cx23885

On 2/15/10 10:21 AM, Michael wrote:
Steven Toth wrote:

Is this because the driver does not have the right capabilities or is it
"just" a PCI-id missing in the driver?

A mixture of both, analog support in the 885 driver is limited. Generally,
yes - start by adding the PCI id.

So, does this imply that you see a chance to get this card running? :-)

If so, I will order one card and try. There is not much I want to do with
the card. It should simply digitize an external camera signal. I want to
display it with mplayer. It should, however, be reliable and not crash the
system or drop the stream or whatever.

So far, it seems that this is the only mini-pcie video digitizer card that
exists. I would have taken a bttv based one instead, but as there is none...

The hardware has no mpeg encoder, so if by digitizer you mean raw high bitrate video frames then yes, and if mplayer is capable of supporting the v4l mmap interfaces then yes. (I've have zero experience of mplayer with raw video - not sure if this works).

It feels like a reach, the design looks like a 'same-old' cx23885/7/8 which you could potentially use in tvtime - with some work.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com