would like to get Plextor ConvertX AV100U to work

Hi I'm Don, I'm new here.  I would like to see if it's possible to get the Plextor ConvertX AV100U to work under Linux, I own this device, and currently can use it only under Windows XP.  I believe it is very similar to the Plextor ConvertX PX-TV100U which is listed as a device added to kernel but not tested (Em28xx).  I believe the AV100U and TV100U both lack hardware encoders (I know the AV100U doesn't have it), unlike the TV-402U with does have hardware encoding.   Anyway, I'm able to help out with testing and possibly some additional technical tasks as well (with some guidance) of getting this accomplished (assuming this is technically feasible in the first place).

In a terminal, lsusb shows the device as this:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 093b:a003 Plextor Corp. ConvertX AV100U A/V Capture Audio

Thanks,

Don