Re: Seeking help for getting rid of i2c_clients_command()

Hi Hans!

> TUNER_SET_CONFIG is called whenever the TV or radio frequency is
> changed, and when that happens the demod needs to update its configuration
> as well. So the tuner_i2c_xfer_send(&priv->i2c_props, buffer, 4); is for the
> tuner itself (whose i2c address is known), but i2c_clients_command is
> basically broadcasting to anyone on the bus, and only the tda9987 will
> actually act on the TUNER_SET_CONFIG command.

I see. Thanks for the heads up.

> This should make it possible for tuner-simple.c to actually lookup the
> i2c address of the demod from that global list and use a direct call.

Sounds awesome!

> I've CC-ed a bunch of people who know more about DVB than I do, so
> I hope they can double-check that I am on the right track.

Their help would be much appreciated.

> Wolfram, do you just want to get rid of i2c_clients_command or the i2c
> command() callback as well?

I'd like to get rid of the callback as well. tuner is again the only
in-tree user. And this whole mechanism looks so 2.4ish... I think it can
go now.

Thanks for your help,

   Wolfram