i.MX6Q LVDS colors wrong when HDMI connected when V4L2 Streaming with KMSSINK

I have an i.MX6Q with an OV5640 camera connected via CSI-2.

I can stream live video to LVDS just fine when HDMI is NOT connected
with G-Streamer and kmssink.  However, when HDMI is connected, I can
stream just fine to the HDMI, but when I try to stream to the LVDS
using KMSSINK, the colors are wrong.

If I use fbdev instead of kmssink, the colors are correct, but I would
prefer to use KMSSINK.

I have tried using v4l2convert to change the format, but I keep
getting errors that the format I try is not supported.

Might someone have any suggestions on how to stream to both HDMI and
LVDS without having the wrong color on the LVDS?

# display on hdmi
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src ! kmssink name=imx-drm connector-id=54 sync=0

# display on LVDS
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src ! kmssink name=imx-drm connector-id=56 sync=0

thanks,

adam