Re: Driver crash on kernel 2.6.32.7. Interaction between cx8800 (DVB-S) and USB HVR Hauppauge 950q

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Richard Lemieux <rlemieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Devin,
>
> I was previously running kernel vmlinux-2.6.29.5.  I notice there was a
> major
> reorganization of some of the media structure between 2.6.29 and 2.6.32.
> Can you tell me at wich kernel version the change occured so I can start
> from there.

Hi Richard,

The only "major reorganization" in that time period I can think of is
a couple of the files related to IR support were moved.

Further, the problem appears to be in the implementation of
request_firmware() and doesn't look specific to any changes in the
v4l-dvb tree.

All I can suggest at this point is you try to narrow down what release
the breakage was introduced in, at which point we can take a look at
what changed.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs