saa7134 noise on composite input

Hi everyone,

My problem is actually quite similar and likely the same as http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg11186.html ("Re: kworld studio terminator (saa7134) noise on capture").

I have an Asus My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid and am trying to use the composite input. I run something like:

mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:norm=pal:input=1:width=720:height=576 tv://

The first time running mplayer (or mencoder) after booting the system the picture is usually OK. The second time it is often noisy. At random the picture is sometimes OK again if I just retry a few times. Also, if I unplug the composite cable while mplayer is running and plug it back in, the picture gets fixed and the noise goes away.

My noise looks similar to the noise from asko. I also made a screencap from the menu of my DVB-box: http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?y=2010&m=02&img=07-144928L&t=jpg&rand=8718&srv=img6

Top shows noisy image, bottom after replugging the composite cable. TVtime doesn't seem to suffer, so TVtime might init the card differently somehow?

I hope someone has a clue.

P. van  Gaans