Anything like compat-v4l?

Hi,

The v4l-dvb tree moves so fast in terms of new drivers and support for new devices compared to the stable trees.
Massive changes are nearly only done through .3x merge windows. That is the correct behaviour but leaves distributions
without support for important drivers like e.g. mantis which has been merged into 2.6.33.

I've backported it to 2.6.31 but seen that the IR code was renamed/moved/rewritten, it took me quite time.

So isn't there anything like compat-v4l just like alsa-driver or compat-wireless to build bleeding edge v4l stuff
externally?

Regards,
Ozan Caglayan