I don't get GIT

Hi Linux Media,

As an end user I am most interested in updating specific drivers for
my system. Most distros, that I know of, only bump kernel versions by
releasing a new version of the distro. As development move to the GIT
repository, how do I as an end user pull the drivers and compile for
my current running kernel? I am not too interested in compiling the
whole kernel just to get the fixes of the drivers. NOTE: The sole
reason this server exists is to provide TV and media distribution in
the home.

When I read through Mauro's announcement of the GIT repository it
seemed to indicate that this feature wasn't available. Although I
could have read that incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Brandon