Re: git problem with uvcvideo

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> However, the html URL is currently broken:
>
> $ rm -rf uvcvideo/ && git clone -l --bare /git/linux-2.6.git/ uvcvideo && cd uvcvideo && git remote add uvcvideo http://linuxtv.org/git/pinchartl/uvcvideo.git && git remote update
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mchehab/tst/uvcvideo/uvcvideo/
> Updating uvcvideo
>
> Probably, the rewrite rules at the server for http are incomplete. I'll see if I can fix it.

Fixed.

Basically, for http: to work, the http server shouldn't call gitweb handler. So, a different URL
is needed for gitweb and for git pull... Also, I needed to enable an post-update hook to be sure that
some references are generated after a push.

I've updated the gitweb to display the proper URL's.

Basically, the gitweb interface is available via http://git.linuxtv.org.

So, for uvcvideo, we have:
	http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/uvcvideo.git	(gitweb interface, for browsing)

For adding a remote to that tree, you should use either:
	git remote add uvcvideo git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/uvcvideo.git
		or
	git remote add uvcvideo http://linuxtv.org/git/pinchartl/uvcvideo.git

Both is working, but using the git: URL is better. The http: URL should be used only when
behind a firewall that blocks the git port (tcp port 9418).

--

Cheers,
Mauro