Re: [hg:v4l-dvb] firedtv: do not DMA-map stack addresses

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Richter wrote:
>> The patch number 14077 was added via Douglas Schilling Landgraf <dougsland@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> to http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb master development tree.
> [...]
>> [dougsland@xxxxxxxxxx: patch backported to hg tree]
>
> I don't know how you prefer to organize your trees, but:
> In this particular case it could have been simpler if you had first
> inserted an hg:v4l-dvb only patch which simply reverts the divergence of
> firedtv in hg from mainline git.
>
> This divergence was introduced by some kind of hg->git export mistake.
> That's not a big issue but it may cause another mistake when the next
> hg->git export happens.

We've replaced our procedures on our trees recently. Until last year,
I was applying the patches at -hg and then converting to -git.

This year, we're just doing the reverse: the patches got added at -git:
	http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-dvb.git

And then backported to -hg.  The backport is double-checked by an script
that detects code differences between those two trees, after removing any
backported patches.

I had 3 patches from you pending to apply, probably due to some import
troubles at -hg. Those patches got added this week at -git. That's why
you're now seeing those backport emails.

Unfortunately, I hadn't any time yet to replace the git hook to some
hook that sends a message to the patch author/sob's.

Cheers,
Mauro

--

Cheers,