Re: [linux-uvc-devel] Supported device missing. Realtek Integrated Webcam. 0bda:5751

Hi Jerinho,

On 25/06/2019 13:55, jerinho via Linux-uvc-devel wrote:
> Hi. I just want to report on a missing device for support by USB Video
> Class driver. Details is as below
>
> Device details
>
>  1. Vendor Id / Device Id : 0bda / 5751
>  2. Device name : Realtek Integrated Webcam
>     <https://devicehunt.com/view/type/usb/vendor/0BDA/device/5751>
>  3. Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Inc.
>
> My workstation details
>
>  1. Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140
>  2. Linux kernel where the last the device was known working : 4.4.0
>  3. Linux kernel where the device was known failed : 4.15.0-52-generic
>  4. My operating system where the device failed :

So you are reporting that it *was* working, and now fails?

Could you please provide a full kernel dmesg log?

Are any video nodes present? (ls -alh /dev/video*)

What are you using to test this webcam, and what makes you believe it is
now failing? Are you using guvcview? cheese? google-hangouts/skype or such?

Please try to describe exactly what failure you are seeing.

As you are using ubuntu, you might also want to log a bug with them.

Regards
--
Kieran