Re: [v8] media: imx: add mem2mem device

Hi Robin,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 4:51 AM Robin Gong <yibin.gong@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>         I saw similar kernel crash issue on the latest linux-next during kernel boot up, but not on
> the 'Linux 5.2-rc1 ' tag. Will do bisect later. But v5.0 should be okay, could you help double check?

Of course. My tests show:

v5.0 bad
v5.2-rc1 bad
v5.2-rc2 bad
v5.2-rc3 bad
v4.20 good

where "bad" means: kernel crashes on boot if sdma firmware is loaded.
kernel works ok if we use sdma firmware already in rom.

Are you able to reproduce this issue? I started bisecting last week, but
ran out of time. I could try again here, if you cannot reliably reproduce it.