Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade

Em Fri, 31 May 2019 12:40:50 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> trivial.
>
> Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> you can access it via:
>
> 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org
>
> As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.

I found a minor issue at the database where 166 patches didn't have
a commit message. On patchwork 2.1, the commit message is mandatory.
Not having it prevents being able to change the patch status.

After looking into it, it seems that this was due to some bugs with
the initial versions of patchwork, as the database before the
migration were also missing the data.

This was fixed by setting the commit message with an empty value.

>From all I see, this happened only with patches that were already
applied, so it shouldn't be an issue. Yet, if you have any patches
pending to be applied, it doesn't hurt to check if the commit
message is empty at patchwork.

Btw, I'm tagging all patches that aren't with "new", "under review"
or "TODO" status to the archive.

Regards

Thanks,
Mauro