Re: Proposed updates and guidelines for MPEG-2, H.264 and H.265 stateless support

Le mercredi 22 mai 2019 à 12:08 +0200, Thierry Reding a écrit :
> >   3. Does the HW do support single interrupt per frame (RK3288 as an example does not, but RK3399 do)
>
> Yeah, we definitely do get a single interrupt at the end of a frame, or
> when an error occurs. Looking a bit at the register documentation it
> looks like this can be more fine-grained. We can for example get an
> interrupt at the end of a slice or a row of macro blocks.

This last one is really fancy. I've been working on some HW where they
do synchronization between decoder and encoder so they process data
with one macro-block distance. I know chips&media have similar feature,
and now Tegra, would be nice to find some convergence on this in the
future.