Re: cx231xx with 3 grabbers

sob., 18 maj 2019 o 13:04 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab+samsung@xxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> Tomasz,
>
> Please don't top-post. Makes very confusing to for people to follow
> the discussions on mailing lists.

I'm sorry.

> Most laptops use a single USB bus shared on all their ports. This is
> easy to verify: the lsusb command shows on what bus a device is connected.
> If you can place the 3 cameras on different buses, it may work there
> (or if you have an USB 3.0 hub and connect the hub to an USB 3.0 port,
> and the cameras on it, it might work as well).

Hmm. I have both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 on my laptop, and I connected the
3 grabbers to USB 3.0 HUB,
but the HUB was then connected to USB2.0 port :(. My mistake.
So I need to check what will happen when I connect the HUB to USB3.0 port.
But I will be at home in a week. If it works, then maybe it will be
possible to use 3 grabbers with a single Orange Pi 3 (it has USB3.0),
or  NVIDIA Jetson Nano (the same price as 3x Raspberry Pi 3).

>Without taking into account the limited speed and features of the CPU
>found on RPi3, probably the only solution for using 3 cameras on a single
>RPi3 would be:
>
>        - 1 RPi Camera module using the special camera connector;
>        - 1 USB camera to a RPi USB port;
>        - 1 USB hat;
>        - 1 USB camera connected to the USB hat.

I want to use 3 grabbers, because I have already installed 3 analog
cameras at home, which are connected to a small CRT Display.
I want to have remote access to them, and it looks like a fun project for a SBC.

Thanks,
Tomasz