Re: RE: How to use saa7134 gpio via gpio-sysfs?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM, hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 18:11 -0500 schrieb Will Tate:
>> I'm not sure why access in userspace would be required.  I checked the
>> schematic today and all the GPIO pins are used to communicate with the
>> SAA6752HS on board for compression.  We do not bring the GPIO off the
>> board anywhere.
>
> thank you very much. I was still expecting that and did not get Gordon's
> point, but must admit to have been totally unaware about the DI/O
> features. RTD did all the hardware implementations themselves.
>
> Very nice job that time.
>
>> Gordon and I have spoken previously about the RTD software for digital
>> I/O breaking with the migration of pcf8574 driver to the pcf857x.  So,
>> perhaps he intended to use GPIO until I can fix the digital I/O
>> software.
>
> Ah, good to know. BTW, we had the mpeg encoder broken unnoticed for some
> kernels, but due to fixes by Dmitri Belimov and extensions by Hans
> Verkuil, we are much better on it these days. Enjoy.
>
> Always let us know, if we can do anything or at least make it public for
> those interested to work on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Hermann

Hello Hermann, good to hear from you again.

It looks like I was off track regarding GPIO. In 2.6.30 the pcf8574
module that was used for digital I/O earlier was no longer available
and something I read lead me to believe I should use gpio-sysfs
instead. I'm sorry for the noise.

- Gordon