Re: Hauppauge Win TV HVR-1300: streaming and grabbing fail after a while, changing resolution renders card inoperable

I'm sorry, two of the problems described in my mail have nothing to do
with the driver. There's a daemon running that accesses the tuner and
vbi (nxtvepg), which causes problems 1 and 2.

I've failed to notice this because nxtvepg can (normally) detect
tvtime and xawtv and doesn't interfere with them, so I assumed it
might have a general mechanism for detecting if the tv driver is in
use by a different app.

The third problem remains:

Friedel wrote:
> 3) changing resolutions causes mpeg encoder stream to become
> completely inoperable

> When I switch resolutions in mythtv recording profile, but also via
> e.g.
>
> v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --set-fmt-video=width=720,height=568
>
> I seem to totally break the encoder. There's no stream any more,
>
> ~> cat /dev/video1
> cat: /dev/video1: Input/output error
>
> And switching the resolution back doesn't help. Unloading the modules
> doesn't help either, I have to reboot the box.
>
> dmesg output pastebinned at http://pastebin.com/f4e27757a
>
> Tests were done with a 2.6.32 kernel from ubuntu.

Which I assume is a vanilla kernel. I might be wrong about this, too.

I could test with newer drivers or a newer kernel of course, if you
suspect that the problem might not be fixed yet.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)