Re: [GIT PULL FOR v5.2] vicodec: support the stateless decoder

Em Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:04:24 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> This series adds support for a stateless decoder to vicodec.
>
> The first two patches are to vicodec bug fixes.

I applied those.

> Patches 3-5 add the V4L2_BUF_CAP_REQUIRES_REQUESTS flag: this will be used
> for stateless codecs that require the use of requests.

I raised a concern about patch 3. At very least, it would require a lot
more documentation than what's there.

> Patches 6-19 fix bugs and prepare vicodec for adding the stateless decoder.

I suspect that those would not depend on patches 3-5. Yet, I guess
it is better to just wait for a new series, after my concerns got
addressed.

So, applied only patches 1 and 2 from this series.

Thanks,
Mauro