Question about Terratec Aureon 7.1 Universe

I thought I'd ask the list as I hope there might be someone with a clue or a suggestion, as I haven't got any :-)

A few years ago I bought a Terratec Aureon 7.1 Universe sound board, but I then had trouble getting it to work properly in Linux and put it aside.

Now I attempted to try it out again, especially because of its supposedly high quality vinyl record pre-amplifier, which I would like to use, but it seems that it isn't recognized at all by my Linux system. On a PC platform.

I wonder if it is broken, or if there are some special things that needs to be done first?

When executing 'lspci' it doesn't show up at all, but there is one LED light showing up on the front of the box that is a part of it.

Are you aware of any magic that needs to be done to make it recognized by a Linux system? I have tried to use a few kernel compiles from 2.6.19 to 2.6.33rc4 and I chose to include the following drivers (I'm using Slackware so all packages, including the kernels are generic):

CONFIG_SND_ICE1712=y
CONFIG_SND_ICE1724=y

Or, are you aware of a weakness in the electric parts that may have broken while I stored it? I don't remember what I did right after having bought the board, but I suppose it was at least recognized as I didn't return it as being broken.

Terratec has discontinued it so it may not even be possible to repair it, if it is indeed broken.

Thank you for your time,
Peter