Re: PCTV (ex Pinnacle) 74e pico USB stick DVB-T: no frontend registered

Hi Harald,

On Sunday 17 January 2010 09:57:03 Harald Albrecht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've run into a roadblock problem with my PCTV 74e pico USB stick for
> receiving DVB-T. My setup is as follows: the system is a Kubuntu Kaotic
> Koala 9.10 stock distribution, kept current. The Linux kernel is thus a
> 2.6.31-18-generic one as distributed by Ubuntu. It contains the stock
> kernel video4linux and I also installed the non-free firmware package in
> order to have the dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw firmware at hand.
>
> With this setup, the pico was not even properly recognized (USB VID:DID
> = 2013:0246). Yesterday I pulled the most recent set of v4l-dvb files of
> the mercury repository using "hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb";.
> For reasons I yet don't understand, this file set does not include the
> complete patch from
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/87039167057078a29ca91c1bcd3369977d6ca463

This one was followed by

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/c0af9bb51052

which removed the association of the 74e to the dib0700-driver.

> It seems that the frontend registration did (silently) fail, at least
> from the perspective of dib0700_devices.c. Has anyone information
> whether the 74e shares the same frontend with the 73e?

The 74e is not a dib0700-based device, my assumption at that time was wrong.

For the 74e afaik, there is no LinuxTV driver right now. (IIRC it is a Abilis
based design)

best regards,
--
Patrick Boettcher - KernelLabs