Re: DM1105: could not attach frontend 195d:1105

On 16 января 2010 01:14:49 paul10@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 15 января 2010 11:15:26 paul10@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I bought a DVB-S card to attach to my mythtv setup.  I knew it was
>
> perhaps
>
> > not going to work, and I only spent $15 on it.  However, based on the
>
> info
>
> > the guy on eBay provided, it had a pci address of 195d:1105, which I
>
> could
>
> > see some people had cards that were working.
> >
> > The card itself is a no-name jobby.  I can see the DM1105 chip on it, I
> > can't see any other chips with any significant pin count (lots with 3 -
>
> 8
>
> > pins, but nothing with enough to be important).  There is a metal case
> > around the connectors that might be hiding a frontend chip of some sort,
> > but it doesn't seem to have enough connectors in and out to be doing
>
> much
>
> > that is important beyond just providing connectivity to the LNB.
>
> Igor wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Frontend/tuner must lay under cover.
> > Subsystem: Device 195d:1105 indicates that there is no EEPROM in card.
> > If you send some links/pictures/photos then it would helped a lot.
> > Is there a disk with drivers for Windows?
> > Also I know about dm1105 based cards with tda10086 demod, those are not
>
> supported in the driver
> yet.
>
> > BR
> > Igor
>
> Igor,
>
> Photos:
> 1.  Front of card.  You can see the DM1105 in the foreground.  There are
> no other significant looking chips on the card.
> http://planar.id.au/Photos/img_1964.jpg
>
> 2.  Back of card - as you can see, there aren't a lot of places where a
> lot of pins are connecting - mainly the DM1105 itself
> http://planar.id.au/Photos/img_1965.jpg
>
> 3.  With the top metal plate removed, and with the other end of the card
> in better focus.
> http://planar.id.au/Photos/img_1966.jpg
>
> Is it likely that there is a tuner under the card labelled "ERIT"?  To
> take it off I have to unsolder some stuff - I can do that, but I reckon
> it's only 50% chance the card will work again when I put it back together -
> my soldering isn't so good.
No need to unsolder. I see a Serit can tuner. There is a sticked paper with a label on right side
of the tuner. It must contain something like "sp2636lhb" or "sp2633chb". Please provide me text of
label.

--
Igor M. Liplianin
Microsoft Windows Free Zone - Linux used for all Computing Tasks