Re: Fix for breakage caused by kfifo backport

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 17:47 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Andy Walls wrote:
> > Mauro,
> >
> > At
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23885-ir2
> >
> > I have a change checked in to fix the v4l-dvb compilation breakage for
> > kernels less than 2.6.33 cause by the kfifo API change.  I have fixed
> > both the cx23885 and meye driver so they compile again for older
> > kernels.
>
> As patches that do backports aren't applied upstream, they can't change any
> line at the upstream code. However, your patch is changing two comments:

> This means that upstream and your -hg will be different. Please, don't do that.
> If you want to touch on comments or at the upstream code, please send a separate
> patch.

Ooops.  OK, I didn't consider that.  Thanks.  I guess Douglas' change
will be the fix then.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote in another thread:
> >> Why are you creating a name[] and phys[] chars here? It should be using the names already
> >> defined at struct input_dev.

-ENOMEM

>From linux/include/linux/input.h:

        struct input_dev {
                const char *name;
                const char *phys;
        [...]

My previous full response is here in case it got lost:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/14745

Please advise if this is still an issue, or if there is some other
storage that you were thinking about.

Regards,
Andy