Re: About driver architecture

Thanks a lot for you advise.

Before I read the source code you mentioned, I guess I should write a
driver modules which provide /dev/dvb/adapter/audio, video, frontend,
ca....,  and also provide a /dev/fbx for OSD layer. But in source
level, all display HW relative functions would probably in a same
module, because they are operation on same block of H/W.
But I still don't know where to put my global display control
interface, for instance, the function to control which layer open and
close, the alpha values used for each layer...

And I investigated DirectFB, it seems if I provide a /dev/fb0 device
the DirectFB can play around it and it will the base for upper GUI
system.
I also found DirectFB support V4L as it's surface source. So it will
need some kernel module to control layer blending. It seems the thing
I am looking for which implement the global display control.