Re: Leadtek WinFast PVR2100 linux support

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 08:55 -0500, Andy Walls wrote:

> > It is probably worth noting that component capture does not
> > necessarily mean HD component capture.  I suspect this card may very
> > well only capture 480i/480p.
> >
> > Do you know definitively that it can capture in HD?
>
> Good point.  I'm pretty sure a CX23418 will only ever be able to capture
> standard resolution using component video in.  Even if I could coax the
> analog front end into an HD resolution configuration (doubtful), the
> MPEG encoding engine is still expecting 720x576 as the max resolution
> (PAL & SECAM).
>
> But component video for cx18 might still be a project I undertake
> sometime.

And here's my first stab at cx18 component video:

	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx18-pvr2100-component

for both the Leadtek PVR2100 and DVR3100 H.  It was a little easier than
I had thought.

Anyone with one of those boards with the component video hookup, please
give it a test.

Regards,
Andy