Re: Compro VideoMate U80 DVB-T USB 2.0 High Definition Digital TV Stick

So: it is a Realtek 2831 device.

Please first check /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.
There seems to be a generic problem with Karmac there.
Look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327337 which gives solution for the problem by installing a new rule:-
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules

Under Ubuntu Karmac, I have heard that the anttip/rtl2831u driver works (alas without IR support) with this workaround. Of the jhoogenraad/rtl2831-2 I have no confirmation yet.

Which one have you downloaded ?

drappa wrote:
Jan Hoogenraad wrote:
Can you give us the USB ID
(type on the command line: lsusb, and report the output)

The U90 has a RTL2831 in it. More info on the driver on:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Rtl2831_devices
Hi Jan

USB ID is :  185b-0150  Compro

I built the driver as per the link but the device does not initialise.

Tested using an Ubuntu Studio Karmic installation with two afatech 9015 USB devices connected ok

Thanks
drappa

drappa wrote:
Hi All

http://www.comprousa.com/en/product/u80/u80.html

I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me if this device is supported yet, and if so, any pointers to getting it working.

Thanks
Drappa

Jan Hoogenraad
Hoogenraad Interface Services