Re: [RFC] Create test script(s?) for regression testing

Hi Mauro,

On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 21:53:20 EET Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Wed, 07 Nov 2018 21:35:32 +0200 Laurent Pinchart escreveu:
> > On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 21:10:35 EET Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

[snip]

> >> I'm with Hans on that matter: better to start with an absolute minimum
> >> of dependencies (like just: make, autotools, c, c++, bash),
> >
> > On a site note, for a new project, we might want to move away from
> > autotools. cmake and meson are possible alternatives that are way less
> > painful.
>
> Each toolset has advantages or disadvantages. We all know how
> autotools can be painful.
>
> One bad thing with cmake is that they deprecate stuff. A long-live project
> usually require several" backward" compat stuff at cmake files in order
> to cope with different behaviors that change as cmake evolves.

I don't know how much of a problem that would be. My experience with cmake is
good so far, but I haven't used it in a large scale project with 10+ years of
contributions :-)

> I never used mason myself.

It's the build system we picked for libcamera, I expect to provide feedback in
the not too distant future.

[snip]

--
Regards,