Re: RFC: kernelCI media subsystem pilot (Test results for gtucker/kernelci-media - gtucker-kernelci-media-001-6-g1b2c6e5844d8)

On Fri, 2018-10-19 at 09:06 +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 10/18/2018 09:23 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > In Collabora, and as part of our kernelci work, we are doing
> > research on kernel functional testing with kernelci.
> >
> > For those new to kernelci, see https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-doc/wiki/KernelCI
> > and https://kernelci.org/.
> >
> > The goal is to lay down the infrastructure required to make
> > automated test coverage an integral part of our feature
> > and bugfix development process.
> >
> > So, as a first attempt, we've decided to extend kernelci test
> > v4l2 plan support, leading the way to extending
> > other subsystems' test plans.
> >
> > Currently, kernelci looks for a list of branches every hour and
> > see if anything changed. For any branch that has changed, it triggers
> > builds, boots, tests and reports for each branch that had some changes
> > since last time it ran.
> >
> > For this pilot, we've decided to target just a few devices:
> > qemu with vivid, rk3399-gru-kevin and rk3288-veyron-jaq
> > with uvc.
>
> It's running v4l2-compliance, right?

Exactly.

> Looking at the test cases, they appear in the reverse order that v4l2-compliance
> performs them, that's a bit odd.

That's something to check in the parser. I'm sure it's fixable if you
find it annoying.

> And if we include uvc in the testing, then I need to prioritize the work I
> started for uvc to remove the last FAILs.

Well, we can run anything. We decided to go for uvc and vivid, just too pick
two popular examples, but there are really no restrictions.

Thanks,
Ezequiel