Re: [RFC] dvb-apps ported for ISDB-T

Em 25-12-2009 09:25, Patrick Boettcher escreveu:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
>> Em 24-12-2009 00:17, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
>>> I wrote several patches those days in order to allow dvb-apps to
>>> properly
>>> parse ISDB-T channel.conf.
>>>
>>> On ISDB-T, there are several new parameters, so the parsing is more
>>> complex
>>> than all the other currently supported video standards.
>>>
>>> I've added the changes at:
>>>
>>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/dvb-apps-isdbt/
>>>
>>> I've merged there Patrick's dvb-apps-isdbt tree.
>>>
>>> While there, I fixed a few bugs I noticed on the parser and converted it
>>> to work with the DVB API v5 headers that are bundled together with
>>> dvb-apps.
>>> This helps to avoid adding lots of extra #if DVB_ABI_VERSION tests.
>>> The ones
>>> there can now be removed.
>>>
>>> TODO:
>>> =====
>>>
>>> The new ISDB-T parameters are parsed, but I haven't add yet a code to
>>> make
>>> them to be used;
>>>
>>> There are 3 optional parameters with ISDB-T, related to 1seg/3seg: the
>>> segment parameters. Currently, the parser will fail if those
>>> parameters are found.
>>>
>>> gnutv is still reporting ISDB-T as "DVB-T".
>>>

>> I've just fixed the issues on the TODO list. The DVB v5 code is now
>> working fine
>> for ISDB-T.
>>
>> Pending stuff (patches are welcome):
>>     - Implement v5 calls for other video standards;
>>     - Remove the duplicated DVBv5 code on /util/scan/scan.c (the code
>> for calling
>> DVBv5 is now at /lib/libdvbapi/v5api.c);
>>     - Test/use the functions to retrieve values via DVBv5 API. The
>> function is
>> already there, but I haven't tested.
>>
>> With the DVBv5 API implementation, zap is now working properly with
>> ISDB-T.
>> gnutv also works (although some outputs - like decoder - may need some
>> changes, in
>> order to work with mpeg4/AAC video/audio codecs).
>
> Very good job!

Thanks!

> Have you had a look here on this one
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg11125.html
>
> ?
>
> I had this on my list because I wanted to spent some time on DVB-S2
> myself and it seemed to be a good step to merge it (back) into dvb-apps.
> Though I haven't yet looked at it in detail.
>
> I will check your changes soon, but after the holidays.
>
> So, now you should have some quiet time for yourself! ;-)

It shouldn't be hard to add DVB-S2 to dvb-apps, now that I've added
support for ISDB-T.

Basically, it needs to move the DVB-S code that it is inside
/util/scan/scan.c to /lib/libdvbapi/v5api.c, extend it to DVB-S2
and write the parser and the new fields for DVB-S2.

Since the dvb-apps library has an abstraction layer, the biggest
part is to add the abstraction layer bits, but this is not a hard
part, and, as DVB-S2 will share several parts with DVB-S, probably
it will require less work.

Cheers,
Mauro.