Software-only image processing for Intel "complex" cameras

Hi!

On Nokia N900, I have similar problems as Intel IPU3 hardware.

Meeting notes say that pure software implementation is not fast
enough, but that it may be useful for debugging. It would be also
useful for me on N900, and probably useful for processing "raw" images
from digital cameras.

There is sensor part, and memory-to-memory part, right? What is
the format of data from the sensor part? What operations would be
expensive on the CPU? If we did everthing on the CPU, what would be
maximum resolution where we could still manage it in real time?

Would it be possible to get access to machine with IPU3, or would
there be someone willing to test libv4l2 patches?

Thanks and best regards,

									Pavel