Re: [RFC 0/2] Memory-to-memory media controller topology

Le mardi 12 juin 2018 à 07:48 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia a écrit :
> As discussed on IRC, memory-to-memory need to be modeled
> properly in order to be supported by the media controller
> framework, and thus to support the Request API.
>
> This RFC is a first draft on the memory-to-memory
> media controller topology.
>
> The topology looks like this:
>
> Device topology
> - entity 1: input (1 pad, 1 link)
>             type Node subtype Unknown flags 0
> 	pad0: Source
> 		-> "proc":1 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
>
> - entity 3: proc (2 pads, 2 links)
>             type Node subtype Unknown flags 0
> 	pad0: Source
> 		-> "output":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
> 	pad1: Sink
> 		<- "input":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
>
> - entity 6: output (1 pad, 1 link)
>             type Node subtype Unknown flags 0
> 	pad0: Sink
> 		<- "proc":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

Will the end result have "device node name /dev/..." on both entity 1
and 6 ? I got told that in the long run, one should be able to map a
device (/dev/mediaN) to it's nodes (/dev/video*). In a way that if we
keep going this way, all the media devices can be enumerated from media
node rather then a mixed between media nodes and orphaned video nodes.