Re: v4l-dvb from source on 2.6.31.5 opensuse kernel - not working

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Valerio Bontempi
> I don't know how it is happened, because I followed the normal way to
> compile v4l-dvb, so it seems a very strange behaviour...
>
> however, how can I solve, cleaning out all the in-kernel modules and
> all the modules I need to remove?

Well, the problem wasn't that you compiled v4l-dvb.  It's that you had
these third party em28xx modules installed (which rely on v4l-dvb).
And a recompile of v4l-dvb breaks compatibility for those third party
modules.

Without knowing how you installed the third party em28xx stuff, I
cannot really advise you on the best way to remove them.  If it were
me, I would probably just move all of those files to some temporary
directory and reboot (which would allow me to restore them if I
screwed something up).  However, I wouldn't want to be held
responsible for a user screwing up his machine.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com