Bug: media device controller node not removed when uvc device is unplugged

Hi,

Every time I plug in a UVC camera, a media controller node is created at /dev/media<N>.

In Ubuntu 17.10, running kernel 4.13.0-43, the media controller device node is removed when the UVC camera is unplugged.

In Ubuntu 18.10, running kernel 4.15.0-22, the media controller device node is not removed. For every time I plug the device, a new device node with incremented minor number is created, leaving me with a growing list of media controller device nodes. If I repeat for long enough, I get the following error:
"media: could not get a free minor"
I also tried building a kernel from mainline, with the same result.

I'm running on x86_64.

Torleiv Sundre